Criminals may pose as someone from Oracle Solicitors Ireland, Oracle Solicitors, Oracle British Solicitors or claim allegiance with us, in order to carry out scams or frauds. We have been made aware that from time-to-time members of the public may be sent fraudulent emails and letters, purporting to come from Oracle Solicitors.
Scam e-mails, which are typically badly written, appearing to come from Oracle Solicitors, or apparently other legitimate law firms, may indicate that:
- someone has filed a copyright or other lawsuit against you or you are summoned to appear in court; or
- the addressee of the e-mail has inherited a substantial sum of money or suggest some other benefit; or
- goods are ready for delivery by courier; or
- goods are for sale at discounted prices.
In some cases, the sender has been able to spoof the e-mail domain address of the legitimate law firm. Genuine emails from Oracle Solicitors only originate from oraclesolicitors.ie, oraclesolicitors.co.uk, oracle-ra.de or oraclesolicitors.it.
We recommend that you delete any scam emails you receive and do not reply to scam letters.
- You do not follow unsolicited web links and do not open unsolicited e-mail messages.
- You maintain up-to-date antivirus software.
- Use caution when visiting untrusted websites.
- Do not respond with money or banking or other personal information.
- If in doubt, check the authenticity with us – see below. Please do report scams to us in any event.
Note that we do not use Gmail, Hotmail or other web-based email accounts.
Be alert to unknown callers requesting personal information or bank details purporting to be from Oracle Solicitors. If you are not expecting such a call please end the call and redial our main switchboard number, asking to speak to your usual Oracle Solicitors contact.
We have recently been made aware of scams in which unsolicited emails are being circulated that purport to be from Oracle Solicitors personnel. These emails may set out a fictitious set of circumstances with the purpose of engaging the recipient and obtaining their personal details. If you receive an unsolicited email of this nature, you should carry out the checks outlined above. If the email is not genuine, we recommend that you report it to Ireland’s National Police and Security Services, or, if you are not based in the Ireland, to your local law enforcement agency.
Neither Oracle Solicitors nor any Oracle Solicitors individual will be responsible for any losses incurred by any such scam.
If you wish to alert us about a possible scam involving use of our name please contact us:
Should you have any doubt about the authenticity of a communication purportedly coming from Oracle Solicitors Ireland or wish to report a scam involving use of our name please contact us: